This community was so named because of its hills and the many beautiful and useful rocks found there. There was a one-room school house, a Baptist church and a Methodist church. The school was organized around 1887. Miss Mary Buchanan was probably the first teacher. The school closed in 1932 and the students were transferred to Johns school.
Rock Hill Baptist Church was organized under a brush arbor in 1892 or 1893. A one room church building was constructed soon afterwards. In 1946 the church was moved to a more suitable location for its members.
Rock Hill Methodist church was probably organized in the 1870′s or 1880′s. Its membership was transferred to Johns Methodist church in the early 1930′s.