There was a post office at Dobson from 1886 to 1909. Edmund G. Myers was postmaster in 1886, Walter D. Myers in 1902, and Irvin T. Myers in 1904. Its mail was sent to Brandon. Dobson, about nine miles south of Brandon on Highway 18, in early 1984 still has a voting precinct. Mr. R.M. (Uncle Dock) Gray owned the first car in the community — a Maxwell touring car.