• Archives of Rankin Communitiy Articles
    Grouped Alphabetically
Click on Photo for more Images

Located about six miles south of Jackson, Plain was established about 1870 as the home of old Richland Academy. Land for the Richland Male and Female Academy was donated by Issac Lawson, on February 13, 1858.
T.N. Norrell donated land for the Methodist church on October 12, 1881. The Baptist church was built in July of 1896.