• Archives of Rankin Communitiy Articles
    Grouped Alphabetically
Click on Photo for more Images

Gazebo

First named Gates in honor of Tom Gates, an early settler, the name of the community was changed to Johns in honor of John Anderson, the first postmaster, in 1891. It is located in the southeastern part of the county. Johns was the home of Rankin County’s Agricultural High School, which was discontinued in 1932.