• Archives of Rankin Communitiy Articles
    Grouped Alphabetically
Click on Photo for more Images

Located three miles west of Florence, Cleary was established before 1890 but was not known by that name until a post office was opened in 1890 and given the name by officials in Washington, D.C. Early settlers were W.M. Renno and H.H. Teasley; Renno served as postmaster until the office was discontinued in 1912. Mt. Sinai Methodist Church is located in this community.